Specifications to the Rules
These are my Specifications to the Rules:
- In case of ABSENCE OF A VALUE (ex. Craft for Archer) you cannot do things needing that value (ex. attacking a flaming Dragon).
- For ALIGNMENT CHANGE don't count End of Life, Character's death or upgrade.
- CARDS MOVED (by Events or Spells) on Character's square must be encountered as normal (exception: see Telekinensis specification).
- In the COMBAT SEQUENCE BETWEEN CHARACTERS, first of all, Characters must declare possible evasions, then they can cast any Spell, then they can use any Object (but not discard or convert) and finally they roll the dies. Exceptions are Spells used to defend from Object used in the Combat (ex. Magic Shield vs Ring of the Mage) and from Spells that affected die rolls (Luck, Misfortune).
- In the COMBAT SEQUENCE BETWEEN CHARACTERS AND ENEMIES the following succession is applied: evasions (exception: Fire Garloyle takes 1 Life first of all), Characters Special Abilities (not those related to combat values or die rolls that are applied in the opportune moment), Spells, use (but non conversion or discard) of Objects (exception: Dragonskull Wand and Ring of the Mage that you can use to defend yourself from an Enemy Spell before casting yours, Ring of Jokes), Enemy Abilities, combat (=die rolls) - involving also distance attacks - Enemy after-combat Abilities.
Note that: 1) you cannot influence Ability description but only Ability effect (ex. against the Shadow King you cannot use Antimagic Spell 0but you may use Preservation); 2) card description comes before this point (ex. againt Ancestral Horrors you cannot use the Staff of Mastery even if their immunty to that Object is an Ability and comes after Objects use).
- The CONTEMPORANEITY case is resolved with the sequence: Spells, Abilities, use of Objects, Cards and Places (firm). In any other case works the contemporaneity principle, except if specified on cards (ex. Nullification works only on unused Spells) or in following cases:
- Finger of Death works before Heal.
- Eagle's Eye and Mind Steal works only on unused Spells.
- Evident impossibility.
- CREATURES OF INNER REGION cannot be evaded nor you may cast any Spell against them.
- The DEMON LORD is a Spirit (but he cannot be killed instantly using any Special Ability -cfr Priest) and the DRAGON KING is a Dragon (but he cannot be redirected). The same for analogue ones (es. Dragon King brothers or Pandora's Box Demons).
- Whenever you take DISTANT FROM YOU CARDS (ex. with Errand Boy or serpents) you must respect number orders of the cards: you may take first the card with the smallest number.
- In the ENCOUNTER SEQUENCE, which applies when you wants to use Special Abilities, encounter-Spells or Objects usable in an encounter (ex. Antimagical Elixir while attacking), evasions must be declared first of all, then both Characters may cast Spells, finally they battle. Objects or else cannot be converted, discarded or used. Exceptions: Misterious Potion, Dragonskull Wand, Ring of the Mage which could be used (not converted or discarded) before the encounter begins. You may note that Antimagical Elixir may be used attacking another Character, but defending it requires that its owner must be attacked (and not only encountered).
- ENEMIES "NOT-CARDS" (ex. farmer in Tavern) must be fought as normal but they didn't counter for experience or else (ex. Runesword); besides, to evade them, they aren't encountered where place which generates them is, but inside place itself.
- Except Immobility, all kinds of EVASION works even against groups of entities. So, with one Immobility you cannot evade an Enemy and a Stranger that stays in the same space, but you can evade Enemies that fight togheter (in fact they count as one Enemy) or the Raiders (one card=one entity). You can evade also Enemies on the board (even if evaded they count as card in the space). Enemies that fight togheter must be evaded all togheter (in fact they count as one Enemy). You may evade (with Spells or Character's Special Abilities) Strangers or Event-Personalities you don't want to encounter. Followers' evading abilities works only against Enemies (as written).
- FOLLOWERS OBTAINED WITHOUNT ENCOUNTRING (ex. Departure) are gained as with the Mesmerism.
- FOLLOWERS TAKING THE PLACE OF CHARACTER IN A FIGHT allows you to convert killed Enemy into Experience.
- If you are LOSING A TURN you may only defend yourself from an attack (combat, Spell or Special Abilities against you). You cannot do reprisal actions (ex. Eye for an Eye). Eventualities that take place while losing the turn are possible only if you haven't an active role in them (ex. Chess Tournament not, imprisoned for the Magistrate yes, die roll to exit from prison not). After eventual "passive" activity you continue losing your original turn (in fact die roll for the movement is "active").
- If another Character fights with Zombies Band (analoguely for all others MULTI-TURN COMBATS), neither him nor zombies can be encountered. It is possible however destroy or move the card, in such case he doesn't gain anything from previous combats. Besides it is possible to cast any Spell (but not encounter Spells) against that Character.
- NEGATIVE OBJECTS AND FOLLOWERS can be discarded only in their expected ways. If you draw a Cursed Object and you exceed Objects limit, you must drop one of yours.
- POSSIBILITIES TO CHOOSE BETWEEN MORE DRAWN CARDS aren't cumulative (ex. Stone Oracle and Divination or Prophetess Special Ability). You must choose which possibility you want to use.
- If you build a RAFT, you must be on a Wood or Forest at the beginning of the turn, then you declare you build it and then you may cross the river; if you buy or draw it from the Adventure pile, you will cross the river at the beginnig of next turn.
- All the REFERENCES TO COMBAT VALUE must be intended related to Strength or Craft unless you explicitely indicate the die roll.
- Drawn but non encountered STRANGERS or EVENTS (ex. after a combat previously lost) having global effect stay on the board unless someone encounters them. If they are evaded, they has normal effect except for evader.
- DEATH KNIGHT power of healing while in Graveyard works indipendently from his Alignment; then you must apply normal rules of Alignment.
- ELEMENTALIST may take every elemental as Follower without defeating it. If she has more elemental she may choose to use which one she prefers.
- If LAND LORD die, the Strongholds must be discarded.
- If SPY and SCOUT die, their Places and Strangers must be discarded.
- VAMPIRE can't use Horse and Horse & Cart for movement; he always adds every movement modifier, expect while in the Inner Region.
- WITCH DOCTOR can curse even if attacked or encountered.
- ACQUISITION doesn't give you an Object for free (ex. Demonsword must be always recharged).
- ANTIMAGIC and REFLECTION can be cast over a Spell not direct against who cast them, SPELL TURNING cannot. You cannot use them both to reflect any Spell cast on youself; if used "between third-parties", who casts it decides Spell target.
- Magic Object use is preceded and not canceled by DESTROY MAGIC and MAGIC SHELL (so if the Objects are single use you must discard them).
- DISPLACEMENT allows to move 1 Card only in the Region it's in.
- MAGIC SHELL isn't an Antimagic, but it cancels only Spells or magic effects of Magic Objects directed against a Character (and against his Objects but not against his Followers). Besides who cast it isn't unaffected by its effects that endure until his next turn.
- MESMERISM gives you any Follower for free, whatever are the instructions to obtain him, but you don't take any starting benefit (ex. Spell of Familiar).
- You may cast MIRROR IMAGE whenever you wish (i.e. in the middle of a multi-card encounter), but, once activated, it cannot be ignored until it exhausts.
- MISDIRECTION fizzles if target teleports himself. If the Spell is used before effective movement declared by target, it's considered only the die roll and not eventual movement modifiers (except obligatory ones, ex. Vampire at daytime).
- You may cast REVERSE when Shapeshifter gains Strength or Craft thanks to his shapechange Ability because the Character stays the same (Shapeshifter); you may cast it also on who obtains a Character upgrade.
- If you use SPIRITUAL ARMOR or PRESERVATION after Familiar, Demonsword, Vampiric Touch or a loss against Vampire, those cards haven't their normal effect (and discard the card). Lives of Followers (ex. Hellcat, Man at Arms) count as yours.
- If you cast TELEKINENSIS on a Character in the same space of you, you don't automatically encounter an eventual fallen Object.
- When someone cast TIME STOP all other Players must also lose 1 turn.
- When using BOW AND ARROWSand other anologue things, Combat Follower or other weapons don't count.
- CHINESE DRAGON, if target's Craft and Strenght are equal, takes one at random. If battled in Craft he doesn't count for experience.
- Followers cloned by CLONE are obtained for free whatever you must give them.
- The COSMIC TWISTER works on every card (it Objects maximum priority); you must roll the die for each single card; the encounter with mirror space takes place before Object passage and other things; all passages are simultaneous; you cannot cast Spell until the end of all passages; Objects and Followers are obtained as with Acquisition and Mesmerism.
- DARK DRAGON has Streght doubled if attacks with another Enemy and the Characters who fights them has his normal Strength.
- For the DESIRE, to decide who is the strongest Character, counts only pure Strenght. If there is a draw, the second strongest Character is who you draw with (Strenght stays equal to yours even after Desire effect). The Event takes effect even if the "victim" is already the strongest Character; if you haven't any Craft point to convert, the Desire has no effect. Desire isn't an Event-Personality.
- If a player changes his Character with END OF LIFE, his Starting Strenght and Craft are those of the new Character. If you have less you are considered temporarily under those values. Your retain the number of Lives you have at change moment.
- If you wants to use the ENTRAINEUSE you must be on the same space of your target, instead you may want to use the CLONE for free. She may lure a Follower only if you encounter another Character (and not viceversa), and this form the encounter (no attack or Special Ability are allowed in addiction). The new offer can be made only by who arrives on Entraineuse owner space and this constitutes the encounter.
- EVIL ACOLYTE cannot be evaded in any way by Good Characters, but it could be (in normal ways, not automatically) by Neutral or Evil Characters.
- FIRE GARGOYLE, if moved, goes to the nearest Place or to the Castle. You encounter it only if you visit that place; Special Abilities connected with surprise (ex. Assassin) don't work on it.
- If you reroll the die thanks to GYPSY WOMAN you must accept second roll.
- HERETIC PRIEST don't remain on the board.
- If you lose one or two combats against LEVIATHAN you lose 1 Life; if you win both combats you defeat it, otherwise the result is a draw.
- MERCENARY can be used only in Combat.
- If you don't use PIPE OF PAN to obtain a Follower, he stays with his original owner.
- If the RIFUGE is destroyed or moved, it counts as one card with Objects inside; if the Character who draws it die, it will be discarded with its content. Any Object inside it cannot be directly affected by other Characters.
- Spells cast from RING OF THE MAGE have the same limits of original Spells.
- During SEASON OF THE MISTS passages between 2 Regions are allowed, but you must keep your movement direction.
- If there is already a SHERIFF in play, you cannot obtain that charge in other ways and if ROYAL DECREE comes in play, discard it.
- The STAFF OF MASTERY can be used only against single Enemy (not bands). Special Enemies (ex. Vampire with 2 Lives or more) masterized lose their Special Abilities. If enslaved, Schorcher, Doppleganger and Corruptor have the value of zero.
- The STONE ORACLE doesn't count as card when you visit it. If another Place or else blocks it, you enconter only that. Analoguely for HOUSE ON THE TREE where you can only evade Enemies you draw.
- SUBURBS are destroyable cards (but they aren't Places). If they are destroyed you must discard any card in the space.
- The cards of TREASURE MAP cannot be affected by other Characters until they are upturned.
- WIZARD'S PET works only on ONE card or Spell you hold (itself excluded).
- Fighting the DOG PACK you must fight all dogs, note that you may kill Followers instead losing Lives. Once thier number is determined, it remains the same in next eventual Combats. You gain experience points only if you win all fights.
- DOUGHNUTS aren't cumulative.
- Magic Object carried by DRAGON MASTER is in addition to those regularily allowed. If you lose Dragon Master, his (eventual) enslaved Dragon stays with you as "useless" Follower.
- FISHOIL aren't cumulative.
- If fighting against CRAWLING SLIME you must use at least 1 weapon (if you have any).
- The FIRE in the Dungeon affects all Dungeon Doorways.
If you have any ideas for new cards or modifies to those already existent, feel free to send me an e-mail
Back to Talisman Index